It is very important to control your data use if you have limited broadband access for downloading, and that is why we decided to show you how much data does Snapchat use? Even though there are many different features that are available in this particular app, it is always better to manage your data usage then waiting for the bill to come increased.
What is Snapchat?
Snapchat is a multimedia mobile application that is based on image messaging which is created by former Stanford University students Bobby Murphy, Reggie Brown, and Evan Spiegel. One of the first concepts was messages and picture sending only, and the prototype started as a project for a class that was later developed into an application that at first was an only person-to-person photo sharing an app that later developed the ability to send videos, communicates and many more features that you can use today.
Since the beginnings, Snapchat became one of the most popular photo-sharing applications, where users are primarily millennials. With 166 million daily users, they introduced many different products such as the possibility of sharing ten seconds video and the most amazing imperative in their company, Snapchat Spectacles that are one of the first smart glasses that are capable of recording ten seconds videos that could be directly uploaded on Snapchat.
How much data does Snapchat use?
For those who have limited data access, the Snapchat is the app that will take you enough memory to pay a lot in the next month and to pass the limitation. The reason for that is because it works, even though you don’t use it. When it is in the background, it still sucks up all your data and that is a very bad thing if you have in mind that you have limited data plans.
There are many users that stated that there were many data that they used only with Snapchat. For example, if you are a frequent and active user on daily basis, it could eat you 13 GB on monthly basis. Even though it sounds unbelievable, it is true and we are going to present you how to control data usage if you have installed Snapchat.
There are two possibilities that will help you control your Snapchat data usage:
1. First of all, you should make sure that Snapchat doesn’t take your additional data even if you are not using it.
— Click on the settings then find the Data Usage and search for Snapchat in order to see how many MB you have received and used, and how much is complete used data. However, you should understand that if you are using iPhone it is always better to reset every month because it will provide with all usage from the day you have installed it.
— You will be able to click on Snapchat settings and go to Additional Services. You will see manage in front of you and you just click “Enable Travel Mode”.
— When you enable travel mode, Snapchat will not use the data if it is not used directly by you, which is a way better option than any others.
2. The second possibility that you have is to disable cellular data for Snapchat and use it only if you have Wi-Fi or additional connection that doesn’t include your own connection data and limitations.
- For iOS devices – At first, you have to click settings and then you will find Cellular and scroll down until your reach to Snapchat and swipe it left in order to disable it.
- For Android devices – Go to settings, then on Data usage and you just have to tap on Snapchat in order to disable background use.
It is a great deal if you want to completely disable any use of Snapchat while you are not directly connected to Wi-Fi or any other unlimited bandwidth around.
How to check how much Snapchat uses cellular data:
In order to find how to check your data usage on your Android phone, you just have to follow these easy steps:
- At the very beginning unlock your device and enter settings.
- You will see Wireless and Networks and after you enter scroll down to Data Usage
- After you find Snapchat application you just tap on it and in a matter of seconds, you will be able to see how much data you have been used until then.
If you have ever wondered how much data Snapchat uses, this article should give you a clear definition of what you can expect from it. However, if you have limitation it is always better to check before you reach your limit and pay extra.